Monday, November 26, 2012

Broken

Today is one of the significantly less awesome days of Lupus. I've been getting tension headaches since July. The base of my neck is also in pain. I imagine this is how Scarlett O'Hara felt when Rhett Butler tried to crush Ashley Wilkes out of her mind.


So in addition to seeing my primary doctor tomorrow I'm going to see an acupuncturist on Thursday. There's a place a few miles away that does acupuncture in a community setting which allows them to charge less (vital selling point for a college student).

In case you haven't guessed, I'm having a flare up. My hair is falling out (I was born with a very thick head of hair so right now I have significantly thinner spots instead of bald patches), the aforementioned skull crushing, multiple infections (some of which are hair follicle related i.e. ingrown and sty), my sinuses are creaking, and stiff joints. Right now a comfortable position doesn't really exist. For now I'm going to keep resting and trying to do the work that needs to get work done so I can graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment